Trailer Servicing | Fieldfare Trailer Centre
We offer a comprehensive Servicing and repair facility. We also pride ourselves on our standard of work and our fast efficient and friendly service
Contact Fieldfare Trailer Centre
Telephone 01980 611853 - Option 4 or pop in and speak to any of our friendly staff.
Email us at [email protected]
Trailer Servicing Costs July 2019
|Single axle un-braked trailer:
||£54.00 + parts
|Twin axle un-braked trailer:
||£78.00 + parts
|Single axle braked trailer:
||£90.00 + parts
|Twin axle braked trailer:
||£187.00 + parts
|Triple axle braked trailer:
||£234.00 + parts
|Equitrek Triple axle braked trailer:
||£281.00 + parts
Prices Include VAT
Full Servicing Procedure
- Jack up and make safe with axle stands, all wheels must be off the ground including the jockey wheel.
- Remove all road wheels and check condition and pressure of tyres and wheel rims including spare (adjust if necessary)
- Remove hubs, strip out seals and bearings and check condition.
- Check brake shoes and drums for damage and clean. Check auto reverse mechanism.
- Check wheel studs, re-grease and re-assemble bearings and hubs. (if necessary)
- Check bowden cables / rod mechanisms.
- Check axle cable anchor points.
- Check all clevis pins etc. for wear and missing split pins and replace if necessary.
- Re-adjust brakes and cables as required to correct tolerances and operation, compensator should run parallel to axle line.
- Check handbrake action.
- Check coupling and fixing bolts.
- Check condition of coupling head to towball fitting.
- Check draw bar bushes for wear (lift in draw tube shaft). Grease if necessary.
- Check rubber bellows for splits etc.
- Check overrun damper action
- Check breakaway cable for fraying / kinks.
- Check axle mounting brackets and fixing bolts.
- Check jockey wheel for winding action, tyre and wheel condition.
- Inspect jockey wheel shaft for indentation by the clamp handle.
- Lubricate all moving jockey wheel parts and threads.
- Replace jockey wheel assembly ensuring clamp pad is in place (if fitted)
- Check operation of all lights.
- Check condition and security of wiring and plug.
- Check suspension units, rubber coil and leaf springs for damage etc.
- Check that all bodywork fasteners are secure and firmly fitted.
- Check security and condition of mud guards and mountings etc.
- Check operation of corner jacks or props.